Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Beijing Pizza

Well today it was overcast with a little rain here, so what better to do than go out and sample some Beijing pizza. At the recommendation of our translator, Edward Burger, and in honor of my wife, Anne, I went to a place called Annie's.

What is becoming almost as much fun as eating pizza is actually finding the restaurant. The cab driver left me somewhere close to the restaurant, but because he spoke absolutely no English, I was on my own. I walked and asked a few more non-English speaking people (one woman who spoke a little English told me it was not there anymore). I just about gave up when I noticed out of the corner of my eye an ordinary looking place called Annie's. I always am a little apprehensive when the restaurant is empty, but I was not about to pass up pizza.

Here is what I had:

Crust 6/8
Sauce 6/8
Cheese 5/8
Presentation 7/8

Overall 6/8
This was a good find in Beijing. I think this may be the best yet. What made this pizza so good was that the ratio between cheese and sauce was perfect. If the cheese was a little less greasy, and the sauce a little sweeter, this would have been outstanding. I could eat this pizza regularly. It was that good.

Two more cities to go. I will do my best to find the ultimate Asian pizza, but Annie's is going to be hard to beat.

No comments: