Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Last try for pizza in Japan

After a travel day yesterday from Osaka back to Tokyo (and good sushi last night), I thought I would give Tokyo one more chance at pizza. When I went to the first restaurant in Tokyo (Pizza Maruma ), I noticed a second pizza place right across the street. So after today's victorious triumph against the Tokyo Symphony in baseball (we scored almost as many runs (16) as the Phillies (20!!!!), I was hungry for pizza and went to Palermo's for lunch for yet another margherita pizza.

For just a little less than ten dollars, I got yet again a small pizza and an even smaller salad. And here are the results:

Crust 6/8 It better be good, because most of the pizza was crust.
Sauce 4/8 Barely any.
Cheese 4/8 Average is all I can say
Presentation 2/8 Picture a donut with the cheese and sauce where the hole is located. That was my pizza.

Overall 3/8

In order to get the pizza effect, I wound up taking bites of the middle and immediately eating the crust so that I was not just eating bread at the end. Now I know why the waitress brought olive oil with the pizza... to put on the leftover crust. Weird thing is that I was more full after this tiny pizza. I guess it was the plentiful crust.

Well tomorrow we are out of here and on to our next stop. Sayonara small pizza I hope. Bring it on Korea. Let's see what you got!!!

1 comment:

ARA said...

Hi, my pizza critic hubby,

The kids and I love and miss you. Keep working out so you don't clog your arteries with all of that mozzarella! And keep us laughing w/ your blog.

Love,
"your wife", Sofia & Alex